TV Packs only

Falling Skies S01E01-02 HDTV XviD-ASAP

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#162070] Written by: codenamerocky [20/06/2011, 11:04]
i was looking forward to this....but it is generic rubbish.

i'll stick with it and hope it gets better.
[#162074] Written by: krypter [20/06/2011, 11:26]
what is wrong with all you people. this is one of the best shows that has aired in a long time. seriously
with all you people watching television is dying. they keep crap running like law and order and bold and
the beautiful and cancel stuff like sgu.

i swear to god is supernatural, stargate, smallville, hell lord of the rings and star wars all came out in
2011 i bet you my life that every single one would get cancelled.

there's no such thing as an original conception anymore. it's all about taking an idea and moulding it into
something cool and watch able which this show does.
[#162075] Written by: asonetuh [20/06/2011, 11:55]
i'm sorry, i got through the whole 2 episodes and am sticking by my initial assessment; this is formulaic
tripe. the music is direct from scores-r-us, #132 "hopeful melodramatic serenade" and #34 "exciting
danger theme". there's the angsty-teenage-boy-in-love, there's the brat-kid-who-doesn't-understand-
but-is-there-for-the-aww-moments, there's the hardened-tough-guy-front-line-warrior (they even had the
gall to make him black), there's the wizened-white-general-without-compassion, there's the egghead-
finding-his-true-self-as-warrior-and-protector (and we'll grow along with him!), there was even the
disposable-black-guy, and i bet the asian dude will end up repairing shit. there's no grit, there's no
compromising of morals, there's no genuine humor or intelligent dialogue, there's no thought to it at all.
they even threw in the religious i-have-faith crap. the aliens are unquestionably evil, the resistance is
unquestionably right... look at bsg, at firefly, at caprica for good sci-fi. this is not sci-fi, this is
hollywood 101.
[#162078] Written by: demondiablo [20/06/2011, 12:53]
lol at bsg, firefly, and caprica. couldnt have named 3 worse sci-fi shows. well then again you
left out dr. who and sanctuary so i guess thats a plus.

bsg was more about politics, religion, and your melo-drama than it was about scifi. firefly was
cowboys in outer space. funny we master space travel and technology only to regress back to the
1800s wild wild west... and caprica, it had a good series finale. mighty have done better given
another season to flesh it out but bsg is not sg. trying to force a spin-off out of a mediocre show
is not the same as making a spin-off out of a successful one.

still dl'ing falling skies... slowly. when i first saw the previews for it i was excited for it.
but as time grew closer and closer to its premier it seemed to lose its luster. i got a feeling it
will fail epically, but i'll give it a shot. i'll hope for the best. but i wouldnt be surprised if
it fairs worse off than v.

theres a scifi show that started off promisingly and then just ended disastrously.
[#162079] Written by: zoran_b [20/06/2011, 13:16]
wow ... that was one boring show there ! maybe i'm too old but i don't call this sf. it's one and a
half hour drama with an alien excuse.
put some zombies in place of e.t. and you have "the walking dead" again.
i even prefer v (the old version). at least i cared for the characters.

won't watch the next ones.
[#162080] Written by: Xeno360 [20/06/2011, 13:30]
i don't know what all the bitching and moaning is about.. low budget.. who gives a fuck. it looks pretty
damn good to me!
all those complaining, need to realize... aliens aren't real, and if they are they sure as hell aren't at war
with us... so how do you expect to have this look real? by using hollywood magic of course! this is the
outcome. accept it and shut the fuck up. thanks .

i for one loved it, and wouldn't change a single scene! hope this lasts as long as it deserves to, many many
seasons! ^_^.

by the way, thanks for the upload eztv!
[#162086] Written by: dwightfrank [20/06/2011, 15:07]
anyone else on rogers in toronto having a hard time (harder than with the usual throttling b.s.)
getting this to download?
[#162087] Written by: demondiablo [20/06/2011, 15:20]
been connected for 5 and a half hrs. only 62% done. i'm dl'ing the 720p version though and i have
at&t in the ne us.

still not the only thing i've queued for dl'ing today but the only thing that hasnt been completed
yet...
[#162091] Written by: tattoo79 [20/06/2011, 17:26]
Quote by dwightfrank
anyone else on rogers in toronto having a hard time (harder than with the usual
throttling b.s.)
getting this to download?

why use torrents if ur isp throttles them ? u should download from filehosts like
mediafire,megaupload etc.

[#162092] Written by: scribly [20/06/2011, 17:40]
interesting description for the show.
before i download, anyone knows if the cameraman suffers from seizures or not ? it's pretty hard to
find sci-fi themed series/movies without a cameraman that got a job due to the parkinsons job
placement program
[#162093] Written by: uruca [20/06/2011, 17:40]
i was very excited about the premiere of this series, but it was the biggest disappointment of this
year. this is so bad in so many levels...bad acting, poor story, full of cliches, with crappy aliens
from starship troopers and ridiculous laser guns. i lost interest with 5 minutes of the first
episode. i haven't watched the entire episode yet, but i dare to say this is even worse than v.

good sci-fi programming on tv died with the end of bsg.

[#162094] Written by: Anon [20/06/2011, 17:59]
i agree

yawn!

Quote by darthvengeant
i tried watching, but it was a sleeper and quite low budget even for tv. all
these alien invasion
movies or shows always revolve around the humans and their life drama/love garbage. i would pay real
money to see an alien invasion story from the aliens side for once without all the human interest
crap. ohh, and for it not to revolve around usa. there is other countries you know...

[#162095] Written by: uruca [20/06/2011, 18:07]
were are the vampires? i thought there were vampires in this show too.
[#162098] Written by: kelpie [20/06/2011, 18:12]
i felt like i've seen this before.. not once, but.. many times.

and besides, is this really science fiction? just because there are aliens, it's suddenly scifi? they could be
replaced with zombies, vampires, government soldiers, poodles.. i don't think it would make a difference. also, the aliens can do long distance space travel but can't get rid of a couple of humans? yeah, right.

big disappointment.
[#162099] Written by: uruca [20/06/2011, 18:27]
mix the walking dead, v, starship troopers and twillight in a blender and you get this
unpalatable series.

i bet terra nova will be the same rubbish.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]