TV Packs only

Star Trek Continues E01 720p Pilgrim of Eternity-ANON

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#210908] Written by: randominhabitant [18/02/2014, 02:46]
wow, some of you guys are pretty harsh on this effort.

as someone who saw tos when it first came out, i have a slightly different reaction than what i see
written here. i wish this show had started with it's own crew and story rather than try to
replicate the faces, personalities, and stories i remember all too well. take the same ship and
sets, give it a different number, and new crew. then let's hear some "different" stories from the
same era and let us see a different crew in action from the same time period. this i feel will let
the actors cater to their own strengths rather than try to replicate and compete against the
original series which was made famous decades ago. trying to clone the original crew i think was a
certain recipe for disappointing results.

every new star trek series started with its own crew and its own story. i didn't like tng at first,
but the episodes and new actors improved with time to set their own historic precedents.

i'd like to see this effort restored with a different crew and place with new adventures. i'd like
to see this effort cover today
[#210949] Written by: Chouette [19/02/2014, 01:20]
Quote by severen666
Quote by mrloopie
it's actually better than the original in many ways...

no. it isn't. in any way. at all.
just because you can recreate the props doesn't mean you can recreate the magic. as these
attemptscontinue to prove over and over again.
still, their money, their time. and at least it keeps them off the streets, i guess...

yes. it. is.

i truly liked it.
[#211045] Written by: stanking [22/02/2014, 01:10]
<deleted>
[#211049] Written by: BoonesFerry [22/02/2014, 03:36]

Quote by stanking
can you guys fix the code on the mainpage that holds the text and stuff inside a
table row? this one flows out across the entire browser window and loses all sense of organization.
the structure works in ie (ugh) and chrome, but breaks down in firefox.

wrong forum for posting issues with the site.
this forum is for discussing this episode of this series.
try http://eztv.it/forum/17248/issues-with-website/
otherwise the admin may never see it.

[#211086] Written by: rafvne2 [23/02/2014, 17:34]
you know what guys, some of you are too damn immature or something. while i didn't like it per se, i
can't help to notice how much work went into it. just because i didn't like it. some show of respect
for the work they did is required... don't be such pricks.
[#211222] Written by: Khrim [26/02/2014, 19:45]
oh man, it took me three days to watch this, having to stop watching it at least 5 times when trying
to watch it straight through. the whole thing is completely cringe-worthy. i can't say any of the
characters are very good or close to the original.

gone is a lot of the magic of the first show and replaced with it is hammy acting (not in a good
shatner way) by terrible extras who really aren't even as bad as the main cast.

some character changes:

scotty - still has the accent but lacks any coherent knowledgeable argument skills. he's basically a
caricature of what the original scotty was.
bones - oh man.. no more cynicism, no intellegence. it's like the guy completely forgot who he was
playing half way through each sentence.. watch his face change the longer his lines are.. it's
really bad
chekov - good enough
sulu - actually good enough too, but the actor lacks the intensity of takei. he has it for a couple
scenes, then the transporter room scene, he looks like he was practicing greif then gives up halfway
through the scene and just kinda sits there. sad.
spock - oh man, i could write a novel here. his voice, manarisms, everything is completely off.
spock always seems like he's on the outside because he is human but rejects that side of him. in
this show spock is on the inside, accepted and only one quip about him saying something human to
which alerts no reaction. i realize this is supposed to start at the end of the series (or shortly
there-after) but they seriously goofed this one up.
kirk - gone is the machismo, the over the top dramatic acting, hammy pauses, even the hazy camera
shots are gone when kirk is in full swing.. if you know what i mean. what is replaced is a guy who
can do the brow expressions and for the first opening sequence the vocal phrasing that shatner does
in the show, but he does it in an almost comical, feminine, and higher pitched voice. it really
misses the mark.

new cast:
the counselor addition - new character here.. wish they would have never thought of this because
it's a good idea with a bad actress playing an even more poorly written part.
the extras - oh man, they are really bad. i can't say that the original series was much better imo,
but these are not very great choices.. how are they casting people? hell, i'm in california, i could
drive down and blow these guys away with some over the top shakespearian dramatic, machismo sexism,
rodenberry pleasing acting that would make these guys look like hamsters.

anyways, it was a good idea, but it falls short because the comparison is too much to bear when
looking at a beloved series. even without a point of comparison, this show is completely
unwatchable. had they decided to make a series about another ship following the original series and
preceding the next generation i feel like they could have done much better, but it would still be a
far cry from being a successful show imo.

at the end of the day. i really want this show to work but i know that it won't and i'm sorry this
is the attempt they put forward. this could have been much much better, and not much worse.
[#211234] Written by: BoonesFerry [26/02/2014, 22:43]

Quote by rafvne2
you know what guys, some of you are too damn immature or something. while i
didn't like it per se, i can't help to notice how much work went into it. just because i didn't like it.
some show of respect for the work they did is required... don't be such pricks.

well said. i totally agree with you on this.

[#211353] Written by: Carcarion [03/03/2014, 00:06]
i think you all need to take a breath and think..... watch the first few episodes of next gen , ds9,
voyger etc.... even stargate atlantis... the acting as hammy and wooden and these are professional
actors. the pressure on them to deliver the goods to the fans is enormous ; it takes time for actors
to "become" the "characters" .... these guys are just fans who have had no training what so ever.
give them a break even star trek the original was hammed up to the eyeballs to begin with
[#211386] Written by: Quadra [04/03/2014, 01:12]
i will give good cheer for the effort. while i agree that "it takes time... to become the
characters," these people are playing already established characters. not new ones re: tng, ds9,
etc. the onus is on them to be these characters. while not as venomous, i tacitly agree with many
of the posts.
[#211404] Written by: Carcarion [04/03/2014, 16:37]
which makes it even harder... we all except a certain level ......... i know new shows give u a
little lea-way but to take over from the original is massively hard
[#211761] Written by: Ric Adbur [12/03/2014, 18:15]
honestly i'm extremely impressed with this webseries, and with the actors playing kirk and scotty in
particular. i think it's as close to a genuine recreation of tos as we're ever going to see.
[#212242] Written by: YourMomma59 [27/03/2014, 09:27]
<< honestly i'm extremely impressed with this webseries, and with the actors playing kirk and scotty in
particular. i think it's as close to a genuine recreation of tos as we're ever going to see. >>

as someone who watched this show as a child back in the 60s when it originally aired, i concur. i'm not
a star trek geek, i don't know all the names of all the episodes and i can't tell you what my favorite
episode was. that was four decades ago.

back then i enjoyed a science fiction show which didn't care what color people were in a time full of
racial turmoil and the assassination of anyone who tried to make us a more aware and equal society,
this production is as close to a genuine recreation as we're going to see.

it had all the flavor and scientific limitations the show did back in the day and brought back some great
memories of watching it when it first aired. in and of itself, it's a great period piece. unless you lived
through that decade and can compare it to today's "instant" technology of cell phones and ipads (as
opposed to huge computers that took up an entire floor) you really can't appreciate how much acting is
actually going into the production to take us back that many decades. it was a true blast from the past.

i didn't have a problem with the acting. the original star trek wasn't shakespeare. i wasn't expecting
each of the actors in this to be the spitting reflection of the original actors, but i did see a component of
the original actors in each of them. i liked the story, because like star trek it took a simple concept
and used it to address a more spiritual.

i really liked it and i hope they do more.
[#212368] Written by: Severen666 [30/03/2014, 23:25]
Quote by chouette
Quote by severen666
Quote by mrloopie
it's actually better than the original in many ways...

no. it isn't. in any way. at all.
just because you can recreate the props doesn't mean you can recreate the magic. as these
attemptscontinue to prove over and over again.
still, their money, their time. and at least it keeps them off the streets, i guess...

yes. it. is.

i truly liked it.

just because you liked it doesn't make it better. though i'd argue it does make your taste extremely
questionable.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]