TV Packs only

Dominion S01E06 HDTV x264-ASAP

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#215984] Written by: Graffin [24/07/2014, 21:00]
there's worse shows out there (i gave up on "the leftovers" even though it has chris eccleston and
the twins from "teen wolf" in there... i really wanted to like it, but couldn't).

this one... it's hard to like. maybe if they started out with the actual war between the angels and
humans, then it would've made more sense, but it's like they decided to skip the entire back story.
the acting makes me cringe. having watched neighbours & home and away here in oz i'm familiar with
alan dale, chris egan (and there's a couple more of them that now star in "the 100"). those i can
tolerate, but anthony head, someone who was awesome in every sci-fi show he appeared in (buffy, even
doctor who), his pathetic attempt at an american accent makes it hard to like him.

it's really sad what's happening with sci-fi series. if they don't contain angels, vampires or
werewolves, they get canned. whereas series that showed promise like "almost human" and even
"stargate universe", shows like that aren't given a chance to develop and get the axe. either the
viewers and/or networks just don't have the time and patience to invest in building a story and
likeable characters, or is our fault for downloading torrents of these shows rather than watching
them on tv when they actually air? instead of axing shows and replacing them with a tonne of new &
average ones after a season or two, how about keeping the existing shows going for a bit longer.
shows like star trek (voyager, ds9, tng) and stargate would never get a 7-10 year run now.

that's my rant (sorry guys).
[#215980] Written by: gonads90 [25/07/2014, 01:20]
i've tried watching this, but no more.
[#215987] Written by: decanos78 [25/07/2014, 02:04]
hmm? yeah.. i agree.. a.s.head seems to be doing a lot of bad roles lately, he played a bad
role in "warehouse 13" also.. which ended way before it's time. as far as sgu.. *cough* that
series destroyed the stargate franchise, we are not even gona get the 2 movies they planned,
(to finish off the sg1 and sga stories completely), now cos its fan-base has deminished, dont
get me wrong.. im an avid fan of stargate series's, i even own a few pieces of the original lifesize
stargate and have met amanda tapping who admitted at a com-con event that she has'nt watched
any of the sgu series because it went a little too far off of what stargate was all about.

as for this show.. im getting sick and tired of every episode rubbing the "savior" in our faces,
wouldnt it be great if the saviour was the little girl, man would humans be fraked right now.. lol!
[#215991] Written by: Graffin [25/07/2014, 09:06]
i didn't mind anthony head in warehouse 13. at least that and eureka were given half seasons to wrap
things up.

as for sgu, the first season sucked big time. it was drama driven and not enough exploration/sci-fi
happening there, but the writers had a 5 year plan in mind for the series. the second half of the
second season was incredible. if given a chance, the third season would have been interesting...
sure, it would have been like voyager in some ways with them trying to reach earth, but with the
added bonus of a stargate and different races/species along the way. it had potential.

amanda tapping... well, don't get me started on how awful i thought sanctuary was/is, her british
accent is as cringeworthy as anthony head's american accent. she directed a couple of eps of
primeval:new world... and even that was better than dominion, but oh well.

dominion's okay, but i don't see it getting a second season... and of course it'll end on a
cliff-hanger to make things worse.

the leftovers was more disappointing for me, and shows like the lottery (that's a classic example of
bad... how that got on air is beyond me).

each to their own... i'm sure there's many out there that enjoy this show for whatever reason!
[#216403] Written by: scarymonster [10/08/2014, 06:22]
Quote by graffin

it's really sad what's happening with sci-fi series. if they don't contain angels, vampires or
werewolves, they get canned.

sadly very true but we are still watching this and enjoying it. i do wonder where the next great space
drama will come from though. the likes of star trek, bsg etc. maybe it's time to buy a gamer pc and 'elite
dangerous' and make my own fun but alas i am to old for all that.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]