Under the Dome S01E01 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#201894] Written by: xphreak [25/06/2013, 13:57]
new sci-fi series

under the dome is an american science fiction horror television series developed by brian k. vaughan
and based upon the novel of the same name by stephen king

plot :

an invisible force field descends upon a small town in the northeastern part of the united states.

main cast :

mike vogel as dale "barbie" barbara, an army veteran in town on a mysterious mission.
rachelle lefevre as julia shumway, an investigative reporter who takes an interest in barbie.
natalie martinez as deputy linda esquivel, a loyal and ambitious sheriff's deputy.
britt robertson as angie mcalister, an aspiring nurse with dreams of escaping the town.
alexander koch as junior rennie, big jim's emotionally disturbed son.
colin ford as joe mcalister, a smart teenager whose parents are outside the barrier.
nicholas strong as phil bushey, a popular radio dj with a dark secret.
jolene purdy as dodee weaver, a radio engineer who makes contact with the outside world.
aisha hinds as carolyn hill, a los angeles entertainment attorney who is trapped in the town
with her partner, alice and alice's teenage daughter, norrie.
jeff fahey as howard "duke" perkins, chief of the police department.
dean norris as james "big jim" rennie, politician and owner of jim rennie's used cars, who seeks
to use the dome as a way to gain control of chester's mill.

recurring

samantha mathis as alice calvert
mackenzie lintz as norrie calvert-hill
beth broderick as rose twitchell, owner of sweetbriar rose
leon rippy as ollie
kevin sizemore as paul randolph
dale raoul as andrea grinell
r. keith harris as peter shumway, julia's husband
josh carter as rusty denton, linda's fianc
[#201895] Written by: tuk [25/06/2013, 14:52]
halfway through watching and looks interesting.

"an invisible force field descends upon a small town in the northeastern part of the united states."

dunno how deep the force field is supposed to go, but they still seem to have power which means it
hasn't cut through any underground power lines which means tunneling in/out should be fairly easy.
[#201897] Written by: tuk [25/06/2013, 15:25]
"i seem to remember many not having power. the journalist said she has power due to a backup
generator."

yeh, i've just this second heard her say that lol, ....but after it happened:

the radio station was still operating.
the 3 women passing through the town were still able to pump gas.
the police station still had power as dispatch came over the radio with reports.
in the background of shots, external building lights were still on etc.
at the end when the cam pulls up into the sky the town is lit up like a friggin xmas tree.

no way all of these were running on backup generators as it's not realistic & if they were it would
be mentioned.
[#201911] Written by: Magicman2051 [25/06/2013, 18:01]
SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)
the radio station had a generator, they actually had a scene explaining it.
they couldn't get petrol, as far as i could tell (she asked "am i doing it wrong?"), and instead just
decided to move on.
back-up generator? wasn't mentioned.
yeah everywhere random having power is something they better address.
that zoom out was all sorts of silly, clearly the guys doing the cgi or the writers have no sense of scale.
that dome couldn't have been more than 20km in diameter and i got the sense from the show, given the
presence of large expanses of road and a frigging coastline/lake shore, that the dome was much larger
than that.

on that last point, i'm definitely watching more to see if i was wrong or if they ever address it in
continuity. should also be noted that junior rapist in residence had plenty of spare power for his rape
bunker, lets see how that goes.

spoilr'd
[#201918] Written by: xip [25/06/2013, 20:48]
you guys might want to edit your post with spoiler tags, before you attract the wrath of the mighty
boonesferry ;-)

Quote by magicman2051
the radio station had a generator, they actually had a scene explaining it.
they couldn't get petrol, as far as i could tell (she asked "am i doing it wrong?"), and instead just
decided to move on.
back-up generator? wasn't mentioned.
yeah everywhere random having power is something they better address.
that zoom out was all sorts of silly, clearly the guys doing the cgi or the writers have no sense of
scale.
that dome couldn't have been more than 20km in diameter and i got the sense from the show, given
the
presence of large expanses of road and a frigging coastline/lake shore, that the dome was much larger
than that.

on that last point, i'm definitely watching more to see if i was wrong or if they ever address it in
continuity. should also be noted that junior rapist in residence had plenty of spare power for his rape
bunker, lets see how that goes.

but in all fairness... as nutty as he seems, we don't know that junior raped here, only that he locked
here
in the bomb shelter after knocking her out.

oh... and i really liked this show! cant wait for next ep :d
[#201919] Written by: wrecche [25/06/2013, 21:14]
rape bunker.

lmao

i'm stealing that...

:)
[#201940] Written by: Magicman2051 [26/06/2013, 04:46]
@xip: true enough but i get the distinct impression that he might think he is keeping her
there to keep her "safe" but she won't feel similarly by the time all this is said and done, unless they
want to get fairly dark about it and do a whole stockholm syndrome between junior and angie to act as
a sort of frame to what might similarly be happening to everyone else trapped there.

props to them if they do but it doesn't seem something that a national broadcaster in the us would be
inclined to endorse in a show that has its desired viewership somewhere between the "revenge is too
absurd, but i liked lost" and "oh look, its that guy from that other show!" crowds.

but yeah, this is something i'll watch in the future and i look forward to having a more rounded...
opinion on it as more episodes air.
[#201943] Written by: tuk [26/06/2013, 05:55]
"you guys might want to edit your post with spoiler tags, before you attract the wrath of the mighty
boonesferry ;-)"

maybe its my browser but i'm struggling to use quotes nvrmnd spoilers, i'm sure i could do this before?

that said i'm not discussing the plot or anything that's not already in the show description, this
is more about production quality than anything else, that said it is watchable & will be interesting
to see how it develops.
[#201961] Written by: BoonesFerry [26/06/2013, 12:54]

thank you, tuk

i've been away on family medical emergency for most of the past week, and other family medical
issues for several weeks, so i have not had any time to setup a new show information page for this
show or any of the other new shows, or read all forum comments...so i'm pretty much ok with the low
level spoilers in the s01e01 forum thread. if all goes well at the hospital this week then i should be able
to get caught up on new shows and other updates.

*** reminder ***

when discussing key elements or details of the show please use spoiler tags.
text that is entered between two spoiler tags is not visible...until it is highlighted (selected).
for future reference, please copy and paste (or type) the following text into your message:
[spoiler] replace this text with your spoiler message. [/spoiler]

[#201968] Written by: xip [26/06/2013, 18:28]
oh there he was! no doubt he felt a disturbance in the force ;-)

Quote by boonesferry

i've been away on family medical emergency for most of the past week, and other family medical
issues for several weeks,

Quote by boonesferry

if all goes well at the hospital this week

i'm sorry to hear that... i hope everything will work out ok with your family :/
[#201973] Written by: jer_sey [26/06/2013, 20:22]
hope things get better. thank you for this.not a big s.king fan. this is good. hope to see all the
episodes here.again thank you
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]