TV Packs only

Show Information Pages - What would you like to see

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#219563] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [22/11/2014, 14:13]
novaking is hard at work revamping the website. there will be changes to the layout and new information for the "show information" pages.

this site is for you guys, so we're asking, what features or information would you guys like to see added to the show information page?

please keep your answers specific to the show info pages. we're not looking for any feedback or suggestions on forums, my page, show listings, calendar, countdown list, tv news, etc. also, while the links to torrent the files appear on the info page, at this time we're not
looking for suggestions on changes to this format.

be creative, you never know what crazy sounding idea we might love and implement! we're looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

-ns

ps -- there seems to be a bit of confusion between "show list" and "show information page" so just to clarify, the show information page is referring to the page that gives details on a particular show.
example: https://eztv.it/shows/1000/100-the/

there have been lots of great suggestions thus far. keep 'em coming.
[#219613] Written by: edav4172 [25/11/2014, 00:20]
i would like to start by saying 'thank you' to everyone at eztv who contribute their efforts to this fantastic site.
i've been a member of eztv for about four years and, when i have internet access, visit the site daily. i love the
'my page' features and use it to keep my personal library up to date.

although the first page i visit is always 'my page' i do visit the 'show list' page to look for new shows or
something interesting that i may have missed. although the idea of having a show rating is good, your current
rating system is drastically flawed. a show like '7.39' having a rating of 5.0 while 'game of thrones' comes in at
4.8 is a clear indicator that the current system isn't perfect. i think a better indicator would be the number of
times a magnet link is clicked for a particular show and/or episode. it would be interesting to watch trends for
shows as they gain or lose popularity.

it would also be nice to have more filters and sorting options. the current filter is limited to one option and that
doesn't hold if you try to sort your filtered results.

finally, as i mentioned in the forums, it would be nice to have an option to show or hide thumbnails. although
these images are loading much faster than they were, they're really not necessary and i (personally) would rather
not have them display at all.

thanks again for a great site and for everyone's efforts to keep it current and accessible.

edav4172
[#219616] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [25/11/2014, 00:50]
i see you did not read the post at all.

we are only talking about the show information page, not any other section of the website.

sadly that was the only page you did not talk about.
[#219619] Written by: AdmiralSirJohn [25/11/2014, 01:12]
i'd say the current show information page is as close to optimum as possible, given the available information. one thing i
would add to it is an actual description of the show (which, while generally present, is not always so), and possibly a link to a
show trailer/promo spot, if possible . there were a couple of australian shows (specifically rush and sea patrol) that really
piqued my interest, once i found a more detailed description than what was on the info page.

also, i don't know where you might put it, but it might be nice to allow users to report preemption in certain markets. (for
example, here in western ny state and northwestern pa, cbs programming on 11/24/2014 was preempted for a buffalo bills
game that had been relocated to detroit due to the recent lake effect blizzard). while it probably wouldn't make much of a
difference overall, it might give seeders in certain areas warning that there could be more traffic than normal for certain
shows in a given week.

but that's just one person's idea.
[#219620] Written by: galapetit [25/11/2014, 02:08]
when we click on a magnet link i would like it to remain highlighted so i know what it is i have
downloaded, next time i open the page. you did used to do that which was very useful, but it has
since disappeared. apart from that i love everything!
[#219621] Written by: Khrim [25/11/2014, 02:08]
thanks eztv!

well it depends on how much you are going to change it. but if i had to name a few things...

maybe a better calendar for the shows and their dates?

i kinda like the "feed" we get now, but that kinda needs a revamp. what about a different column for
different rippers or genres or countries or something? like uk and usa shows then netflix, hbo,
other countries, etc, and then another for all those documentaries i keep watching (and usually
don't know why lol). might be a crazy idea but if i'm looking for shows after a trip i want to see
what i missed easier. then i can just check out the documentaries list for that cool stuff.

also, the way shows are displayed could maybe be changed a little, like maybe adding a show and/or
episode rating so people could rate it. for example. family guy sucks now, but every now and then
there's a pretty funny one that's worth watching. it'd be cool if people who dl right away watch and
rate and let the others know if it's good. though that might be me, i'm watching your page like a
hawk (i'm not the ddos attacks, i swear! it's just me and one comp
f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5 lol jk). other examples would be simpsons, snl, etc. basically
any show that is a 50-50 watch for people.

i don't need a splash screen or fancy graphics. i like the speed and efficiency that your site has.
it's a no nonsense ui, and i love that in a sea of html5+ java c# hd led dvd wd40.. lol

oh and maybe a better way to see forums and such, maybe like a trending box, like if something has
been recently commented on or whatnot. if someone's bashing on some crappy show, i want in..
immediately lol. jk, but it might make me use my login more. i mainly just use this account to gripe
or get something wrong so that
SPOILER ALERT - (highlight to read)
boonesfairy can correct me for not using spoiler tags, cause
i can be a moron sometimes..
haha.
[#219622] Written by: Khrim [25/11/2014, 02:11]
Quote by novaking
i see you did not read the post at all.

we are only talking about the show information page, not any other section of the website.

sadly that was the only page you did not talk about.

crap i didn't either, my bad haha...

belay what i said. feel free to correct me on being an idiot like boones does far too often lol
[#219623] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [25/11/2014, 02:16]
Quote by galapetit
when we click on a magnet link i would like it to remain highlighted so i know what
it is i have
downloaded, next time i open the page. you did used to do that which was very useful, but it has
since disappeared. apart from that i love everything!

again, this is not what we asked for in this thread.

please read that we are only talking about the show information page

also, re: visited css tag:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-us/docs/web/css/privacy_and_the_:visited_selector
[#219624] Written by: edav4172 [25/11/2014, 03:08]
<sigh> mea culpa! novaking

i can only hope my that my failure to rtfs correctly will help someone else realize that the 'show information' page
is not the same as the 'show list' page.

[#219633] Written by: nogoodnamesleft2 [25/11/2014, 09:40]
for the show information page:

- the information on many show information pages - the details of the channel, the stuff under
general information, etc., eg: that on https://eztv.it/shows/670/anger-management/
- the colour scheme
- the lightweight download (without loads of images etc)
- the lack of popups

wants:

- for each episode, a 'has issues' button (for people to register if there is a problem with an episode
such as being nuked, etc) and an icon to reflect that (or could be a score, number of times the
button was clicked, graphical representation, whatever)
- the additional info on the page (eg as per link above) put into pop-open/pop closed sections,
preferably somewhat broken down) so that you don't have to scroll down so far for episode links.
perhaps at the top just a short snippet of information and the image, and then you can pop
open/closed other info as desired, or get straight to the downloads.
- division of episode list (on the show information page) into seasons, or 720p/480p, etc. flexible
sorting/filtering would be even better, so people can immediately just get a list of exactly what
they want. yes, that would require a database field for those bits of information.
- dates of upload currently showing '>1 week' to show more accurate info - or heck, at least some
accurate idea of days, or weeks, or months, or years. this would be really handy (quick ability to
see what was uploaded in that show since last you looked, and various other things too), and could
tie into the filtering/sorting
- a button for drawing the attention of the content administrator to a problem with the content
related to a particular file, eg the name, links, etc.
- a separate database field and table entry for size (720, 1080, 480, unknown, etc), file size
(number of mb), series and episode numbers for each episode. this could be particularly handy
when the file is named incorrectly, and with the filesize it can be a little slow to hover over each file
if you are checking a whole bunch.
- some additional info, preferably in a separate database field: country of origin info, source
channel info, and language info (and yes, aside from wanting that in the show information page i
am absolutely and unashamedly angling to have that info handy for later revisions of other parts of
the site such as the search!)
- also possibly the date of broadcast of each episode, though frankly i'm not sure i care too much
about that.

hope that helps. i realize that some of those are a decent chunk of work, and so i do not dare
hope to see them, and some of them aren't that high on a want list for me but might be for others
- but you asked!

i've been using your site pretty much since it opened, keep it up, i love what you do!
[#219635] Written by: geolaf13 [25/11/2014, 09:49]
i would like to have filter on show list not to see ended shows
[#219636] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [25/11/2014, 10:03]
Quote by nogoodnamesleft2
for the show information page:

- the information on many show information pages - the details of the channel, the stuff under
general information, etc., eg: that on https://eztv.it/shows/670/anger-management/
- the colour scheme
- the lightweight download (without loads of images etc)
- the lack of popups

wants:

- for each episode, a 'has issues' button (for people to register if there is a problem with an episode
such as being nuked, etc) and an icon to reflect that (or could be a score, number of times the
button was clicked, graphical representation, whatever)

this is related to episodes, and not show information itself

- the additional info on the page (eg as per link above) put into pop-open/pop closed sections,
preferably somewhat broken down) so that you don't have to scroll down so far for episode links.
perhaps at the top just a short snippet of information and the image, and then you can pop
open/closed other info as desired, or get straight to the downloads.

the purpose of this page is to provide information about a show, not only to list torrents.
though, that said, rearrangements can be made

- division of episode list (on the show information page) into seasons, or 720p/480p, etc. flexible
sorting/filtering would be even better, so people can immediately just get a list of exactly what
they want. yes, that would require a database field for those bits of information.

again, this more more to do with episodes and not show information. when we make a thread about
episodes, that is when you can voice your ideas

- dates of upload currently showing '>1 week' to show more accurate info - or heck, at least some
accurate idea of days, or weeks, or months, or years. this would be really handy (quick ability to
see what was uploaded in that show since last you looked, and various other things too), and could
tie into the filtering/sorting

kind of repeating myself here now...

- a button for drawing the attention of the content administrator to a problem with the content
related to a particular file, eg the name, links, etc.

you can use the forum to already do that on each episode. but if you are talking about content in
the information page, yes, something like this is already in the pipeline

- a separate database field and table entry for size (720, 1080, 480, unknown, etc), file size
(number of mb), series and episode numbers for each episode. this could be particularly handy
when the file is named incorrectly, and with the filesize it can be a little slow to hover over each
file
if you are checking a whole bunch.

episode related again... also, just to note 720p tend to have 720p in the title, just thought i'd
let you know.

- some additional info, preferably in a separate database field: country of origin info, source
channel info, and language info (and yes, aside from wanting that in the show information page i
am absolutely and unashamedly angling to have that info handy for later revisions of other parts of
the site such as the search!)

we have basic information about the country and what network, but we plan to provide it a bit
better

- also possibly the date of broadcast of each episode, though frankly i'm not sure i care too much
about that.

most pages already contain that information, as for when we release, that is on the episode
landing page

hope that helps. i realize that some of those are a decent chunk of work, and so i do not dare
hope to see them, and some of them aren't that high on a want list for me but might be for others
- but you asked!

i've been using your site pretty much since it opened, keep it up, i love what you do!

[#219637] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [25/11/2014, 10:03]
Quote by geolaf13
i would like to have filter on show list not to see ended shows

you sir...
[#219640] Written by: sonmoix [25/11/2014, 11:12]
hi, i don't think more information is necessary (i'm talking based on the "the 100" page), but here
are some usefull (or not *lol*) ideas:

- it would be nice to have the same tvrage-link-button for the episode description in the episode
list for each season.

- a list of the sections (linked) at the top, just under the "show information" bar, so i don't have
to scroll down to the list of current season episodes or the releases.

- the actors (names) linked to their imdb page, so when i wonder "where did i see her?" i can easily
have the answer. i know there is a link to the imdb show page, but still.

- a photo of the actor before the name and preferably as her/his character.

for the layout i guess you alredy have a design in mind, anyways some thoughts:
the "general information" and the "cast" above the "latest tv-news", and the "additional show
information" just under it.
i think this way the page would look more compensate than with the current right column almost empty.

thanks for all the work you do!!
[#219643] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [25/11/2014, 11:29]
Quote by sonmoix
hi, i don't think more information is necessary (i'm talking based on the "the 100"
page), but here
are some usefull (or not *lol*) ideas:

- it would be nice to have the same tvrage-link-button for the episode description in the episode
list for each season.

resource links will be revised

- a list of the sections (linked) at the top, just under the "show information" bar, so i don't have
to scroll down to the list of current season episodes or the releases.

already in the pipeline

- the actors (names) linked to their imdb page, so when i wonder "where did i see her?" i can easily
have the answer. i know there is a link to the imdb show page, but still.

we are working on a system like this, maybe not link to imdb, unsure

- a photo of the actor before the name and preferably as her/his character.

we will see what load times are like, people moaning about thumbnail images of shows....

for the layout i guess you alredy have a design in mind, anyways some thoughts:
the "general information" and the "cast" above the "latest tv-news", and the "additional show
information" just under it.
i think this way the page would look more compensate than with the current right column almost empty.

we are planning to utilize space a lot better

thanks for all the work you do!!

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]