Issues with website

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#218005] Written by: ReLoop [01/10/2014, 17:41]
chrome is helpful in explaining why we do not see any images from ezimg.ch:

"ezimg.ch normally uses encryption to protect your information. when chrome tried to connect to ezimg.ch this time, the
website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. either an attacker is trying to pretend to be ezimg.ch, or a wi-fi sign-in
screen has interrupted the connection. your information is still secure because chrome stopped the connection before any
data was exchanged.

you cannot visit ezimg.ch right now because the website uses hsts [ https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/4454607 ].
network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

net::err_cert_common_name_invalid"

if i understand it right: chrome have detected that the site have changed cert and it didn't like the change.

when the site is in such a broken state i have noticed some small bugs:
1. img tag's with src="//ezimg.ch/s/1/3/show_info.png" do not have width="16" and height="16". so when the image is not
found it will use width=35 and height=20 which will make the table look bad.

2. according to the html when the "show_info.png" image fail to load the text "show" should be displayed instead but it is
not showing.

it would be a good idea to have all links that have images to show an alternative text if failure occurs.
it is good design practice and recommended. for instance screen readers use that "alt" attribute. people with bad eye sight
likes to
watch tv too. i'm one of them but i do not need a screen reader yet.

sometimes when logging in to eztv it will get stuck on "logging in...".

i'm sure there are other issues too "if you find one bug then expect more of the same" which i haven't noticed yet.

while we are on the subject of design.
who in the world told you that centering text in a list were a good idea?
it makes it harder, as in takes longer time, to read a list when each item is centered.
i am of course talking about 'airs today: x', 'website news' and 'tv news'.
you can search the internet for a good article that can explain it better than me.

are we allowed to post stylebot styles here? the forum rules didn't say.
[#218028] Written by: [email protected] [02/10/2014, 13:57]
great eztv for the past few years i have had no problems but ?
am currently experiencing a problem when trying to download / view any series episodes
usually i select the episode by clicking on a magnet link usually the first one
unfortunately all the squares are empty including the down arrows in the other columns
any ideas
pete t
[#218038] Written by: fuckermoran [02/10/2014, 22:35]
eztv is also here
http://www.bt-chat.com/browse.php?group=3
[#218039] Written by: Gandyx [02/10/2014, 22:49]
great message reloop. thanks very much. i know now that its not my system or setup and that it may even be out of eztv's
reach to fix right now. but at least i can stop tinkering with my machine setup lol.
[#218040] Written by: Gandyx [02/10/2014, 22:54]
in case no one has mentioned it.... you've done a great job boonesferry. i'm sure its much appreciated by all of us. thank
you. most of the inconsistencies i've been able to work around ie: calendar listings etc but i mainly use the daily listings. so
once again,, thanks for the great work.
[#218045] Written by: BoonesFerry [03/10/2014, 01:53]

thank you, gandyx and others, for the recognition/compliments.
it's been a pleasure working on the show information pages these past couple of years.
i have every confidence that the new show info page admin(s) will do a fine job.
i've notice several new pages and status updates already. i appreciate your patience as the
new show info page admin(s) get up to speed and caught up with all the needed updates.

[#218046] Written by: BoonesFerry [03/10/2014, 02:00]

re: images not loading

thank you for the reports and all the details.

the site admin now has all the information needed, and is working to resolve the issue.

as you know, eztv is not a money making venture with a full paid staff. eztv is a
small number of volunteer hobbyists. as such, it takes more time to fix things that
are broken. your continued patience is greatly appreciated.

update: issue resolved.

[#218050] Written by: Lion7718 [03/10/2014, 03:21]
images seem to be working now...firefox wanted to add about 10 new cookies...once that was done the
images appeared.
[#218056] Written by: mokmok [03/10/2014, 04:11]
Quote by boonesferry

the site admin now has all the information needed, and is working to resolve the issue.

as you know, eztv is not a money making venture with a full paid staff. eztv is a
small number of volunteer hobbyists. as such, it takes more time to fix things that

hoozah, thanks
[#218127] Written by: toeloop [04/10/2014, 21:51]
images work. thanks for the attention to the issue.

also, thanks boons and everyone involved with the site. great work.
[#218177] Written by: b3l [06/10/2014, 03:52]
images are still not working for me. i am using comodo dragon if that makes a difference. i've tried
deleting cache but didn't make a difference.
[#218256] Written by: capitanqueso [08/10/2014, 00:36]
can't acces the site (eztv.it) using opera 12.17 i had the issue about the images last days but now "error ocsp" page is showed
instead
i use a certain addon to add magnet links to a remote webui utorrent and doesn't exist, not that i know of, on chrome, hope
you can fix it or tell me how to bypass the ocsp protection or just make a simple http copy of the website for those whom are
not paranoid
bt-chat doesn't work for me because they do not post with magnet links
[#218416] Written by: silentprof [11/10/2014, 12:40]
text formatting on the site seems to have been thrown off. the columns on 'my page' are no longer wide
enough to fit the text so it wraps down to a 2nd line, meaning each show covers both a dark blue and a
light blue row.
[#218446] Written by: rory126482 [12/10/2014, 13:45]
wanted to say i greatly appreciate and acknowledge how much work your team must put in to keeping this
site running.you need to know that that appreciation is so wide spread and so profound that a lot of people
would not know what to do with themselves without eztv, myself being a prime example. thank you so
much for your time and your work, know that it does not go un-noticed and i hope that one day, somehow,
i will have the chance to repay all that you have done.
[#218557] Written by: ReLoop [15/10/2014, 08:47]
Quote by boonesferry

need any help with the site?
programming and some usability design is my thing.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]