Your chance to get involved!

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#150510] Written by: MrTorrent [14/01/2011, 01:22]
regarding the "pending" vs "on a break" issue, here's what i understood :

- if the show is on a break without a known return date, it is listed as "pending", usually the
season has ended and the network, producers, etc, have not announced yet when the next season
starts, or even if the show is coming back.
- if the show is on break with a known return date, it is listed as "on a break, returns on ...".
this for mid-season breaks, shows that skip a week or two because the network has other stuff to air
(sport events for ex), and of course, shows that had the status "pending", and the return date has
been announced.

now, i think this system is very logical, and i hope it will continue to be used in the new release
of the site.
[#150553] Written by: Maykil [14/01/2011, 16:01]
Quote by wbro
Quote by maykil
thanks for a great site!

the only feature i'd like to see added is to be able to highlight the shows i follow.
i'd like to be able to mark all the shows i follow and when i visit the 'main page' my shows would
be in
another color.

this could be either a cookie based feature or an account based feature.

keep up the good work!

maykil look to the 'my page' button at the right of the main navigation, isn't that what you are
looking for?

wbro,
thanks! i hadn't seen that feature. i signed up just to be able to post the above message, so i missed
that feature when looking at the site functionality.

i have now had a look at it, although it is a nice feature it is not really what i was asking for.
i rather have the shows i follow highlighted in the release list on the site main page.
i'm sure i will be using the new feature you showed me, but i'm hoping to get the highlights as well.
considering that the creating of 'my shows' list etc. already exist, highlighting the shows might not be so
hard to implement.

thanks anyway.

[edit]: i just realized how the 'watched' feature is working. the 'my page' just got much much better
thanks again!
[#150558] Written by: pepsi666 [14/01/2011, 18:15]
be nice to see requests for shows be answered, properly, and even put in here

(i put requests on other websites, they get answered and the show usually appears, in a day or so,
here, lucky if you get a reply

a better forum lay out (just browse a few forums if you dont get the idea)

keep the logo, thats good, simple and works

the calender could be better, though, make it for 7 days rather than the current 3

listings for shows, if they are continuing, cancelled or finished, would be nice

but, hey ho, its your website, do what you want, there are plenty of other websites out there to get
ideas from, kinda borrow them or adapt them for this website
[#150560] Written by: skaarofman [14/01/2011, 18:46]
anyone know how i can get approved to post news?i sent nova a sample and a request a while back but
never got a response.
[#150562] Written by: WBro [14/01/2011, 20:30]
Quote by maykil
Quote by wbro
Quote by maykil
thanks for a great site!

the only feature i'd like to see added is to be able to highlight the shows i follow.
i'd like to be able to mark all the shows i follow and when i visit the 'main page' my shows would
be in
another color.

this could be either a cookie based feature or an account based feature.

keep up the good work!

maykil look to the 'my page' button at the right of the main navigation, isn't that what you are
looking for?

wbro,
thanks! i hadn't seen that feature. i signed up just to be able to post the above message, so i missed
that feature when looking at the site functionality.

i have now had a look at it, although it is a nice feature it is not really what i was asking for.
i rather have the shows i follow highlighted in the release list on the site main page.
i'm sure i will be using the new feature you showed me, but i'm hoping to get the highlights as well.
considering that the creating of 'my shows' list etc. already exist, highlighting the shows might
not be so
hard to implement.

thanks anyway.

[edit]: i just realized how the 'watched' feature is working. the 'my page' just got much much better
thanks again!

no problem maykil, i'm similar to yourself (long time listener, first time caller) and had been
clicking around the site to see what was what. the 'my shows' page isn't what i was looking for
either; rather than having episodes grouped by show i was looking for a date ordered list. however,
i'm sure once novaking has the new site in place that these sorts of features will happen over time.

also, as a web developer myself, sometimes its not about something being 'hard to implement' but
rather how much extra load that will put on the server when you consider this across 0,000's of users.

anyways, glad to be of help to someone out there.
[#150586] Written by: M2M [15/01/2011, 04:53]
i say: don't change the looks of eztv. it is one of the most usefull sites (speaking about site
design here) that there is. and it actually does not take tons of bandwidth over a remote desktop
connection.

however: you could remove the "select show" list. basically it is way too long, none's gonna scroll
in it. and you already got a list with control-f support in the "show list" page. but perhaps there
is a possibility to provide search suggestions as you type, in the search box in compensation.
[#150598] Written by: WBro [15/01/2011, 10:39]
Quote by m2m
i say: don't change the looks of eztv. it is one of the most usefull sites (speaking
about site
design here) that there is. and it actually does not take tons of bandwidth over a remote desktop
connection.

however: you could remove the "select show" list. basically it is way too long, none's gonna scroll
in it. and you already got a list with control-f support in the "show list" page. but perhaps there
is a possibility to provide search suggestions as you type, in the search box in compensation.

m2m not sure about you but when i use the show list i press the first character on the keyboard and
that solves the 'scrolling' problem somewhat.
[#150607] Written by: maglette [15/01/2011, 14:31]
i like the way it is...very easy to navagate...clear and precise to find info.... i'm not a techie
generation, but i can handle this! :c)
[#150658] Written by: Toddaloden [16/01/2011, 19:50]
i love the simplicity of the site u guys rock!!!! downloaded raising hope and the copy had my own local
fox station in the corner, fox41 wdrb. the one suggestion i have would be able to view shows listed by
network i think that would b cool , again thank u all very much great job!!!!
[#150694] Written by: inluxc [17/01/2011, 04:18]
one cool thing is joining all episodes versions in episodes ex:

stargate sg1 s1e01:
-stargate sg1 s1e01.xvid.avi
-stargate sg1 s1e01.mkv.avi
-etc...

like this we dont have to go aroung looking for it.

and a wiki for each episode and series, and coments so anyone can input there thoughts about the
episodes.

other thing i forgot... multilingue,
i will help with portugues....

[#150717] Written by: Mamamitzvah [17/01/2011, 09:10]
bs'd
i love this site just the way it is. i am 61 and find using the site understandable, clean looking and well
designed. i am sure that any changes you make will be for the better. i just wish i could repay the
work you do by seeding etc. mm
[#150722] Written by: impalethe [17/01/2011, 10:39]
a better way to select your shows similar to http://pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ select show page
[#150743] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [17/01/2011, 16:42]
Quote by inluxc
one cool thing is joining all episodes versions in episodes ex:

stargate sg1 s1e01:
-stargate sg1 s1e01.xvid.avi
-stargate sg1 s1e01.mkv.avi
-etc...

like this we dont have to go aroung looking for it.

and a wiki for each episode and series, and coments so anyone can input there thoughts about the
episodes.

other thing i forgot... multilingue,
i will help with portugues....

release groupings already occur, have a look at
http://eztv.it/ep/25132/the-cape-2011-s01e03-hdtv-xvid-oic/

it shows the 720p as well, it will also show proper/repacks/etc if they exist.

multi-language support will become available when the new code is in a state which allows it to be
easily manageable.
[#150744] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [17/01/2011, 16:44]
Quote by impalethe
a better way to select your shows similar to http://pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ select
show page

can you please inform how that page will make it easier for people? that is simply a calendar for
all shows (even ones that have not aired yet) i'm trying to figure out how it will work in regards
to what we do.
[#150776] Written by: kezhaz [17/01/2011, 20:42]
really no need for change like many said.simplicity is the keynote to your success any way whichever
way you go i am sure it will continue to be a success..
kezhaz
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]