[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#150801] Written by: impalethe [18/01/2011, 00:13]
Quote by novaking
Quote by impalethe
a better way to select your shows similar to
http://pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ select
show page

can you please inform how that page will make it easier for people? that is simply a calendar for
all shows (even ones that have not aired yet) i'm trying to figure out how it will work in regards
to what we do.

the page i meant was the select show page http://pogdesign.co.uk/cat/showselect.php it does the
filtering without constant reloads and is laid out very well
[#150854] Written by: senegalstyle [18/01/2011, 07:35]
1. i wish you could have a way to link to shows from bet that you don't carry - like the real
housewives of atlanta... i know it's ghetto but

2. also, yes, the colors are a bit outdated but i am very techno challenged so it actually helped
that it's not bright and blinking and all that. the muted tones helped me to concentrate on exactly
how to use your service. it took me a minute to figure out all you have to do is click on the first
magnet thingie... perhaps directions would be a good thing to add rather than assuming everyone
knows how to use this service.

3. i'm an american living in a country that doesn't show american programing so your service is a
godsend and whoever lol is that puts up 'the game' and other offbeat black american programming and
movies, i'd really like to thank him... but i can't figure out how/where to send him/her a note!
[#150920] Written by: dmhcirteid [18/01/2011, 20:23]
design wise, it's perfect. a few suggestions however. implement the my page features on the main page
using persistent cookies. in other words once you set your preferences, they stay unless you dump your
cookies or log back in.

also, a show suggestion tool, more history and national geographic channel shows would be nice, and
better forums would be great.

other than that, keep the design, layout, etc the way it is.

edit: oh, one more thing, maybe an auto refresh every time a new torrent is posted, or every hour or 1/2
hour or so.

edit 2: have the rss feed be in sync with the page. not a seperate site. thank you
[#150975] Written by: BubbaJ [19/01/2011, 01:42]
greetings,

would it be possible to add functionality into your rss feeds to include magnet links?

for example:
request: http://www.ezrss.it/feed/magnet
response: an rss feed only containing magnet links instead of *.torrent files.

such as this link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:zbuhebk6iop6l4vnsz6i667wrs4p2t3v&dn=v.2009.s02e03.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu&tr=http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce

this would be an awesome addition.

aside from this request, i love your site the way it is. i use the dark theme (it's easier on my
vampiric eyes) ;-)

thank you for the consideration, and keep up all the great work you are doing.

[#151063] Written by: Oldorf [19/01/2011, 14:04]
i agree with the idea of keeping the design and feel, i love homepages that just load in a snap
without a lot of fuzzy graphic.

here's a few suggestions
1 when logged in, go to the "my page"-myshows, instead of home-page - should save some traffic.
2 sort options in "my page"-myshows (on the "section" list, not the show itself) option/or "for ever":
-- put the ended shows at the bottom at "my page"-myshows section.
-- put the pending shows next to the bottom at "my page"-myshows section.
-- put the shows with date third next to the bottom at "my page"-myshows section (sorted on the date)
-- and the all the active shows at the top, as it allready is.
3 threads, i would like to have a "my threads" on "my page", it only needs to show a list of what i have
posted, and link directly to the page with that post, so i can read on and see if someone answered or
alike.

i vote for the click counter on the shows, sometimes i look for new shows and it would be a great
help
the idea of voting, is of course more interactive, but i think that tv.com or imdb.com is adecuate,
maybe a link to to imdb.com would be usefull ...

i disagree, with the idea of marking "my shows" in the normal listings, it'll just add
execution-time to the server and at the end, making us all wait ... at least it would be preferable
to have it as optional, so it can be turned off

thanks for the greatest internet site ever ... where would we be without the king himself :d
[#151104] Written by: kelrobau [19/01/2011, 22:07]
"wow" a chance to help re-design eztv ok a couple of ideas be allowed to remove or delete my
shows that have either finished or become uninteresting to you personally so you concentrate on a
smaller page from your own eztv page (my page) create a forum page where you can become a tv
show/documentary critic on what is being watched world wide.

[#151105] Written by: impalethe [19/01/2011, 22:09]
from the pogdesign site also they have this page
http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/graph/
which graphs the number of people who have selected a show in their filter it may be a good way to
see which shows to add to the eztv show list

btw i found the pogdesign site when eztv used to point to it many years ago
[#151123] Written by: sCifI3001 [20/01/2011, 02:48]
Quote by kelrobau
"wow" a chance to help re-design eztv ok a couple of ideas be allowed to remove
or delete my
shows that have either finished or become uninteresting to you personally so you concentrate on a
smaller page from your own eztv page (my page)

go to: my page/list my shows and hit the trash can
[#151171] Written by: kalenrivers [20/01/2011, 12:25]
i do like the way it is now very easy to use. please dont change too much thanks for all of your hard
work and effort. i hope to be using this site for a long time to come.
[#151182] Written by: plexodus [20/01/2011, 14:19]
eztv. when i stumbled upon your site the world of commercials seized to excist.
i would only freshen up the segment of show information with some better pictures or links to show
websites.
the rest is put together with such a crispclean logic that even my dad understand it....and he is 75. i
love it !

[#151280] Written by: malbourne [21/01/2011, 04:12]
i'm used to the current layout.
it's ez on the eye and i know my way around.
it's ez to log in and out and the lack of excessive graphics makes the site load nice and fast.
i vote to keep it the way it is.
if anything, id like to see the shows list and data base kept up to date.
one thing that i find tedious though is when editing the shows on my list, the page refreshes and
goes back to the top. very slow going when there are a lot of things to do on a very long list.
what if there were check boxes on each line so we could select all the titles we want and delete
with one click?
cheers eztv
i really appreciate your hard work.
[#151292] Written by: Sund [21/01/2011, 06:03]
wrong thread
[#151412] Written by: koikoi [22/01/2011, 05:25]
when i use eztv on my iphone or ipad, i usually copy the magnet link and paste it into the transmission
webclient. works totally fine, except the download buttons are a little too small. with a mouse however the
listview is perfect. ..just adding this to thoughts..
[#151603] Written by: kalutification [24/01/2011, 05:08]
i think that its a good idea to set up a mobile site so that people can keep track of their tv shows
from their mobiles and also check posts bad thing is they cant download from their mobiles cause
most are torrents so it wont be handy on that part.i agree with koikoi seems she found a way through
that.
[#151758] Written by: Schtooo2 [26/01/2011, 04:41]
i like the ideas put forward by oldorf, but you could simplfy this by being able to sort by the various
headings on the my page screen, name, status or released.

that is probably the only change that would improve this screen, and i agree that a mobile version
would be brilliant.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]