TV Packs only

Issues with website

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#196623] Written by: Sciguy77 [11/03/2013, 21:56]
i'm having issues with the graphics updating on the eztv website. when i open a new page or
update an old one, the text pops up right away but the browser hangs with a "sending request"
note in the bottom left corner of google, and the images never appear. is anyone else having this
problem, or do i have a browser glitch? thanks!
[#196625] Written by: BoonesFerry [11/03/2013, 22:26]

the site admin is aware of the images not displying.
the image database/server is undergoing maintenance.
if you are able to see the images, it is because they
are in your browser's cache. if you are not seeing
images, please be patient. sorry for the inconvenience.

[#199770] Written by: kimsulgi [08/05/2013, 18:30]
hi,

i am just wondering if registration will open again. i would like to set an account up for my
mother. is there a way for me to invite her? or are there any other suggestions?

thanks
[#201197] Written by: homlescow [06/06/2013, 17:14]
Quote by timelord169
i just wanted to to know why registration is closed and if it is going to be
re-opened
anytime
soon. i love your site and want to share it. thanx for any help you can give me.

Quote by cabes
i have a friend who wants to join the site, but every time he goes to register, he gets
the
message "registrations closed" and
has done for the last two weeks. why is this?

Quote by queen lilith
a friend is trying to register but it says that the registrations are closed!
you don't
accept new members
any more?
(sorry for asking. i just wonder that's all.)

Quote by kimsulgi
hi,
i am just wondering if registration will open again. i would like to set an account up for my
mother. is there a way for me to invite her? or are there any other suggestions?
thanks

regrestrations were closed at the same time eztv was suffering from ddos attacks. if i'm remembering
corectly there was a post ages ago explaining that one of the attacks consisted of a script that
ended up making something like 10,000 fake user accouts, the post went on to say that eztv due to
user info being encrypted had no way of identifing and deleting these fake accounts without also
deleting all of the real user accounts so as a result it was decided that the best course of action
was to close user registration indefinitely. user info encryption is also why passwords cant be changed
or reset.

imo i don't see registrations being re-opened anytime in the near future as doing so would re-expose
eztv to the same hack that caused them to be closed in the first place, the only way to re-open them
with-out that risk would be to redefine the whole user database which would also wipe all current users.

you could try pm novaking or a moderator to see if they might be able to add a new account for you
nd then pm you the details, but again that might be out of their hands at this stage.

best of luck
[#202153] Written by: Phat Phucker [02/07/2013, 00:36]
why is it with a lot of the shows u place on here, that these always a episode missing.
what's the point in doing this, it make's no sense.
in doing that, in turn has made me look around a better torrent site
[spam link removed by mod bf]
[#202950] Written by: seanpy1982 [22/07/2013, 16:40]

hey whats gona happen to eztv when this starts to take effect i9n the uk
bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23408107

======================================================
added by moderator (boonesferry) july 22, 2013
i removed the http and/or www from the url.
please, no active clickable links to tv networks or other torrent unfriendly sites.
======================================================
[#202952] Written by: BoonesFerry [22/07/2013, 17:03]

Quote by seanpy1982

people who are affected by the blocks will either need to use a public proxy or a private vpn.

[#202980] Written by: starie78 [23/07/2013, 14:56]
Quote by boonesferry

Quote by seanpy1982

people who are affected by the blocks will either need to use a public proxy or a private vpn.

any suggestions for a decent proxy to use?
[#202983] Written by: BoonesFerry [23/07/2013, 17:18]

there are dozens of sites that maintain lists of hundreds of proxies...some change daily.

google, "public proxy" http://goo.gl/hhncu

[#203049] Written by: tuk [25/07/2013, 04:27]
hey bf, woke up today to a blocked eztv, what do you think about using mirrors like: eztvproxy.net
...feel free to delete addr.
[#203062] Written by: IANetc [25/07/2013, 14:08]
using it right now, apart from the extra adverts i see no problem...

the bigger issue is why can we not use this site? i can understand the pirate bay, but almost
everything on here has been recorded from a free to air broadcast....

do the public have no say in these decisions? maybe we don't feel some things are worth paying
for... i will download an episode and it is crammed with product placement, and most of the time has
the tv stations logo in the corner.... is that not enough?

i've downloaded an episode of ugly betty before because i fancied watching something when i was
bored, would i pay for it..... would i fuck... i could just put effort into being in front of the tv
when it happens to be on...

stop restricting my internet access!!!! what's next? are we going to get restricted news?
[#203064] Written by: IANetc [25/07/2013, 14:11]
sorry rant over, i'm just a bit pissed off...
[#203070] Written by: [25/07/2013, 17:29]
is it all isp's that have blocked this site or just virgin media? i'm with virgin and the bastards have got
previous, now this site's blocked i was considering telling virgin to ram it.....no point if it's all isp's though!
[#203089] Written by: 98766654321 [26/07/2013, 00:44]
that proxy is only going to work so long, i've seen kat and tpb proxy links get squashed too. i'm accessing this through
opera's turbo mode. (which doesn't make things all that faster to be honest, but it's another way around it!)
[#203614] Written by: tralcr [09/08/2013, 17:31]
hi. i am in the uk and already have a private vpn so why am i getting the welcome uk visitors
page? i don't need to use a proxy.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]