TV Packs only

Star Trek Continues E01 720p Pilgrim of Eternity-ANON

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#207005] Written by: maxyodaddy [24/10/2013, 13:02]
and lee adama?? i think i underestimated this series!!
[#207008] Written by: ravna [24/10/2013, 13:33]
there's no reason to recycle the old stuff over and over again. the 60s idea of how a starship might look is at best
laughable, today. why not continue where ds9 ended ?
[#207009] Written by: xip [24/10/2013, 13:52]
being a mythbuster fan, it's almost worth watching this show for grant imahara alone
[#207012] Written by: rad65 [24/10/2013, 15:30]
Quote by maxyodaddy
was that troi as the computer voice?? how did they get her to do it??

you really think marina sirtis gets enough acting jobs to turn down anything? she's always on the comicon
circuit, so i assume she is always available for any role.
[#207013] Written by: rad65 [24/10/2013, 15:39]
Quote by ravna
there's no reason to recycle the old stuff over and over again. the 60s idea of how a
starship might look is at best

you mean where space days of our lives ended? no thanks, keep that soap opera crap as far away from
a remake as possible.
[#207024] Written by: groovywill [24/10/2013, 17:33]
i have just given it 25 seconds.... delete delete delete!!! red alert!!!!what kind of garbage is this...
[#207037] Written by: gonads90 [24/10/2013, 21:29]
as a 47yr old and rmembers the tos very fondly as a kid this web based series isn't that bad yes it's a bit
over acted but everything shatner did was over acted.

i thought sulu was the guy from mythbusters, he plays a funny sulu.
yes it's corny, yes it's very old style, yes it has no lens flare but as the tos was based on story, with little
special effects this is just like the tos never ended.

it's not bad, and yes i'll be downloading the rest of the eps of this from the website not from here as the
eps are only 240mb, sorry eztv.
[#207038] Written by: burnodo [24/10/2013, 21:36]
...and jamie bamber as the red-shirt die-off! i thought this little re-imagining was inspired and i
give the people who put it together kudos for a great effort!
[#207039] Written by: shirty [24/10/2013, 21:42]
ive watched several fan made star treks some are bad some are alright this falls in the bad section,
near the bottom. even before the titles i was thinking...

abort!! abort!! take evasive action!!

wish i hadn't watched it all, in fact wish i hadn't watched it at all. worse than tos which i like less
and less as time goes by.

anyone funding the kickstarter after watching that needs to get their head fixed
[#207041] Written by: paulopinto [24/10/2013, 22:22]
well... they act better than shatner. :x
[#207042] Written by: CthulhuSaves [24/10/2013, 22:51]
i'm baffled by this. not only has this already been done, but it was done fairly well, is still ongoing, and had both the support
and participation of numerous trek talent (actors & writers, mainly). it's called star trek: new voyages (http://
www.startreknewvoyages.com) and they've been cranking out new eps for, what? almost a decade now? something like
that. i mean, seriously, d.c. fontana has written for them, and entire episodes have been devoted to, and *starred*,
original cast members. according to the website, david gerrold has now come on-board!

anyway, curiosity alone will have me checking out this new show, but i'm still scratching my head over how they either
completely missed that the exact thing is already being produced, or actually knew and decided "nah, *i* wanna play kirk,
dammit!" and did it anyway. lol

[#207044] Written by: wrecche [24/10/2013, 23:15]
i cried..

:(

i've seen these fan based things before. you have to be into it to start with, or it's more cheese
than a cheese pizza at a "who moved my cheese?" book reading.

oo
[#207049] Written by: Runil [25/10/2013, 02:48]
this is better than 'new voyages'. one major problem with nv is that the queens in charge have
turned it into: look at meeee...i'm gaaaaaay!!!! star trek continues, for any other faults it may
have, is a true and faithful 'continuation' of the original...in every detail; sets, props, lighting,
costumes, camera angles, editing, and more. i'll take this one any day.
[#207067] Written by: cmotd [25/10/2013, 07:48]
Quote by ravna
there's no reason to recycle the old stuff over and over again. the 60s idea of how a
starship might look is at best

duh, because this is a fan made show. so many retarded comments here ffs. you go and make a ds9 or
stfu
[#207068] Written by: XekeXung [25/10/2013, 10:32]
i don't agree at at with the other posts. this was a fairly well imagined and well written show.. i think
that they kept the original positive, optimistic and hopeful "feel" of the old series and did not continue
with the "darkness" that has crept into everything now days.. which i would surmise , was their intent
... and if so, then i would have to say, "well, done."

then, i remember, "fan made?" so, i would have to add a "golf clap and a hardy "well done guys ...
lets see another."

as far as the "nay say'ers" comments on the special effects ... well they are at least as good as the
old show, if not better in some ways.

as far as the acting comments. well, what can i say as a fan of asian dramas (japan, taiwan and
korea) i think most us actors are "dead-pan" in their delivery anyway so i would over all give the
acting a 2 - 2 1/2 out of 5.

so in summary: writing -- 3.5 of 5 (very well imagined)
cinematography - 2 of 5 (*excellent for amateurs)
acting - 2 of 5 (apollo was a bit "rusty" but still did a good job)

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]